The Split Guardian is a Guardian that Rover fights when it enters a Guardian room. It has only five and a half health bars, making it a relatively easy Guardian to kill. Once awakened, the Split Guardian will fly towards Rover and attempt to slowly circle around Rover. Once it's health has been halfway depleted, it will split into two.
The Split Guardian has 7 attacks:
- Fires a wave of bullets back and forth in Rover's general direction. Every couple of seconds it will also fire two spinning projectiles that burst into five bullets (0:09)
- Fires an arc of 4 bullets at Rover repeatedly while occasionally firing four spinning projectiles that burst into five bullets (0:19)
- Fires three spread out bullets and two close bullets repeatedly at Rover, constantly adjusting to fire directly at Rover (0:27)
Once Split: Edit
- Fires three spread out bullets and two close bullets repeatedly at Rover, constantly adjusting to fire directly at Rover (0:30)
- Fires short bursts of bullets out in three directions repeatedly while changing the direction of the waves in a circular motion (0:34)
- Fires bullets out in seemingly random directions (0:45)
- Fires two spinning projectiles in a wide arc in Rover's general direction every few seconds. The projectiles burst into five bullets (0:29)
- The player should keep their distance from the Split Guardian, and when it splits try to wrangle one half away from the other half. This will make it easier to focus on killing the Guardian and not dodging.
- Since this Guardian can be killed relatively quickly, it is important to focus on doing damage.
- Once it has split, follow the half that has the easiest attacks to avoid. The top half has multiple attacks, making it harder to anticipate. The bottom half has only one attack, and it is easy to dodge.
- Standing behind the walls when an attack is being used may help the player dodge bullets.
- Items that penetrate enemies can hit this boss twice once it has split.
The Perfect Executed Split Guardian Achievement can be earned by killing it without taking damage.